Pupil Premium funding at Graffham and Duncton Schools
The Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals (FSM), those looked after by the local authority and children of armed service personnel. The intended effect of this funding is to accelerate progress and raise attainment.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools, is spent since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged. For further information please visit http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/pupilsupport/premium
Our aims in deciding how to allocate Pupil Premium funding are:
- To accelerate progress and close the gap in the achievement of Pupil Premium children so that their progress compares favourably with non Pupil Premium children.
- To ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- To ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils.
- To recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals.
In order for these pupils to make accelerated progress the school needs to ensure that they experience:
- Consistently Good or Outstanding teaching
- Stimulating learning opportunities
- Support from both Class Teachers, and additionally funded teachers to help move their learning on at an appropriate pace
- Learning opportunities out of the classroom e.g. Forest Schools and Residential trips
- Stimulating learning resources
- Learning without barriers e.g. through support from Learning Mentors when needed